Saturday, October 2, 2010

ready for the Artisphere



On Monday I am driving down to Arlington, VA with a big box on the roof of the car. I am excited to be showing 3 paintings, and 3 photo montages in a group show curated by Cynthia Connolly called Skateboarding Side Effects, a multi media show of artists who all have been influenced by their involvement in skateboarding. The nice thing about this show is that I don't think you can really call any of it "skater art". Or, it really expands what we normally think of. Reception 10/14/10. Terrace Gallery at the Artisphere.

The Artisphere is a brand new art space, that is formerly the home of the Newseum (relocated to the DC Mall). There are all sorts of events celebrating the space and the exhibitions. more

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sean--
--If possible, I would like to speak to you when you are in Arlington for the opening of Artisphere. I was very surprised when I saw a picture of your art for the opening, since it so closely parallels the work I have been doing the past several years. It would be great to spend a few minutes talking about it, and I will by happy to buy you lunch to discuss.
Many thanks

Jack Cox
jnjnva@gmail.com